• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1996 XJ Factory Track Bar Bracket

Is that a crack about halfway up the left side in the video?

If so, I would say replace it. Also make sure all bolts are tight, they like to loosen up after wheeling, and the locknuts are only good for about three uses, might try some new hardware.

What about what looks like a crack in the framerail ?

How old is it? How many miles on it? How often has it been greased? If the answer to any of those questions is 'I don't know', then do it. If you're going to remove the mount, then remove the ball joint, that's the hardest part. You're only one bolt away from getting the biggest contributor to front-end wobble out of the way.

How old is it? How many miles on it? How often has it been greased? If the answer to any of those questions is 'I don't know', then do it. If you're going to remove the mount, then remove the ball joint, that's the hardest part. You're only one bolt away from getting the biggest contributor to front-end wobble out of the way.

it's been on there since 1996 with appox. 101k on it, have not greased it since I got it last 2006. I'm just looking at the Track Bar Bracket but all front-end still have bushes, no damage or whatever it call.

Mount as a Motor Mount?

Thanks man

Mount as in trackbar mount, You havent greased the ball joint in four years? Please, have an assistant help you with the wiggle the wheel trick. It's probably due only because of it's age.

Mount as in trackbar mount, You havent greased the ball joint in four years? Please, have an assistant help you with the wiggle the wheel trick. It's probably due only because of it's age.

Okay, I will be do that tomorrow morning ( Saturday 19th ) and will post up with video.

Hope have a better answer to that and thanks man

Last edited:
It's hard to tell what's going on with the camera moving. Put on a latex glove (or don't if you like dirty hands), wrap your hand around a joint, and have your assistant saw the wheel back and forth. Watch and feel every joint-especially both ends of the track bar. It almost looks like something funky is going on at the frame end of the track bar. Get one of those mini tripods for the camera, so it doesn't move.
Putting good tires on the front is not strange at all. Were the ones you took off balanced? Were they round? I've had two sets go out of round. Many variables, takes time and/or money to get old vehicles to perform well, especially when we put tires and suspensions on them they were never designed to carry.

Back