• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

motorcycle question

tone

NAXJA Forum User
does fuel coming out of exhaust where headder and pipe meet = head gasket? Just wondering cause trying to get someone to respond on the CBR forums is like pulling teeth! Unfortunatly its happening to me, just changed the plugs/oil. when I changed the oil there was gas in it... so what do you guys think, head gasket?

I have tried searching and searching and searching with no luck so any help would be awesome!

Thanks

If your post on CBR is as stingy as this one, I'm not surprised no one answered.
Is it a 600, 900, 929, carb's or fuel injected?
Does it leak if the petcock is closed?

Does the engine sound like it's hydrolocked when you hit the starter?

I was anything but stingy, looks like I was having a convo with myself over there.

you had gas in your oil?

fuel coming out of the pipe means your running really really rich, your getting more fuel than spark causing blow by (gas coming out of the exhaust port) if your running a carbed cbr your going to have to lean out your jetting. by dropping down your main jet, you may have to lower your pilot jet too.

also another thing to consider is your floats could be sticking, if it were me i'd tear apart your carbs, clean them really well, inspect them and see if that helps. you could even see what came stock in that make model bike and see if the numbers match up.

its for a zx9r, but same basic idea...
http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum/mechanics-corner/72039-gas-oil-2000-zx9r.html

It's a 2002 cbr f4i, if you pm me your cell number I can send you a video...

you had gas in your oil?

fuel coming out of the pipe means your running really really rich, your getting more fuel than spark causing blow by (gas coming out of the exhaust port) if your running a carbed cbr your going to have to lean out your jetting. by dropping down your main jet, you may have to lower your pilot jet too.

also another thing to consider is your floats could be sticking, if it were me i'd tear apart your carbs, clean them really well, inspect them and see if that helps.

Hi

PS: Blow by lol
PPS: More fuel than spark lol
PPPS: nominated

Last edited:
The bike is fuel injected and has 4 injectors... When I try starting the bike it makes a hissing sound inside the engine and doesn't start right away kinda like it's not getting power but then turns over. Idk what a hydrolocked engine sounds like but mine seems to be struggling pretty hard to start, could it have flooded so bad that it hydrod my engine?

I don't have the money to take it to a shop so what do you think I could do to find out what my problem is?

Hi

PS: Blow by lol
PPS: More fuel than spark lol
PPPS: nominated

my bad, i clicked quote and walked away for a few minutes, i didnt see he posted F4i which is injected. so ur right, no carbs. but he still has blow by which is any burnt or unburnt matter escaping from the cylinder, past the (worn) rings on the piston, and into the crankcase. which would be the reason he has gas in his oil.

unburnt gas from running to rich would cause fuel to come out the exhaust pipe.

i really dont know what your issue is but why dont you just grow up and leave whatever comments you have towards me to yourself.

causing blow by (gas coming out of the exhaust port)

but he still has blow by which is any burnt or unburnt matter escaping from the cylinder, past the (worn) rings on the piston, and into the crankcase.

Google wins. :) Congratulations on expediently finding the definition of blow by and attempting to not sound tarded. (Well I guess 20 min can be accepted as expedient.)

Let me know when you come up with a good back track for the "More than spark" comment.

Last edited:
google works, its better than repeating questions like what causes death wobble or what suspensions best.
and its better than being inaccurate twice so i googled blow by.

If I took my headder off would I be able to tell anything besides which cylinder is bad/leaking?

and to get this straight since its starting to get a little confusing with the bashing...

my rings are bad/worn?

also noticed when I went back in the garage to start putting crap away, that when I had it running the exhaust was pointing at the fridge and oh boy did it make a mess all over it! and yes I did get yelled at for it... :)

Last edited:
bad rings or not - on any engine - gas sitting in the cylinders will leak past the rings into the oil. if you are dumping gas into the cylinders it is going to leak past the rings if not burnt. I don't know jack about bikes, but engines all function basically the same. You are not burning the fuel that is in the cylinders, and need to figure out why. pulling the header would be a start, see if one cylinder looks like the port is wet or has a lot of buildup on it. does the bike have a fuel pressure regulator? it could be bad. are you sure all the plugs are firing, and have a good strong spark?

thanks mike, i have a FPR on order since last friday it just hasnt gotten here yet :( put new plugs in yesterday(not cheap). I have been reading about how you can hydrolock the engine with the gas/oil and seem to have similar symptoms as me but this is the first time Ive actually had to "work" on my bike... once I get my FPR I will try and see if that works but in the mean time how do I get the gas out of the cylinders? will it leak past the rings if not running? i just changed the oil yesterday too Id hate to have wasted $20...

I would say you're dumping to much fuel... It sounds like you are flooding a couple of cylinders out...This is why i would take my bike in, it had injectors on it too..I would think you will see the trouble when you pull your pipes off...
Have you removed and cleaned the injec ?

I will try to get the pipes off here soon. I took the fuel rail off and tried to get a injector out but couldn't figure it out and don't wanna break it cause they are $100 a pop! So I screwed the fuel rail back on and put some inj. cleaner in the tank and tried to run it... Maybe I didn't run it long enough as soon as I saw the gas start coming out I turned it off so it wasn't on for more then 2mins...? Should I run it longer or will that cause the gas in the cylinder to mess something up more?

I would save up some cash and BUY a BOOK for it or take it to a shop....If you wash a bearing out cause you ran to long with GAS in the OIL, the cost is going to be higher than the repair would have been...Have you looked for a repair book for it?

I found one yesterday but it took me half the day let me try to go find it again...

Just checked and my FPR got shipped out today a week after I ordered it and shipping was $10.... That makes no sence?

Back