• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

steering knuckle shims

kmanxj5050

NAXJA Forum User
I thought if you drilled the hole in the knuckle to 5/8" there will be no more taper.??? Then just use a 5/8" heim.

If Iam reading this right? The link you sent is a 3/4 heim( dimension A) and a spacer for a 5/8 heim ( dimension A ). those will not work together.

You think 1/2" grade 8 will be fine? As long as it is properly torqued you should be fine if you don't race it. But why not 5/8" ?

You think 1/2" grade 8 will be fine? As long as it is properly torqued you should be fine if you don't race it. But why not 5/8" ?

X2 I would definately go 5/8.Steering isnt something you really want to skimp on.

I wouldn't use anything 1/2" on steering. I also wouldn't use mild steel misalignment spacers, or anything zinc coated. Those spacers can collapse under the torque load at the narrow part and make it virtually impossible to get them, or the heim joint, off the bolt. Also, when the zinc wears off you'll get rust. Go to a different supplier, like Poly Performance or Spidertrax, and get stainless misalignment spacers. Also get them for a 5/8" bolt and drill the knuckle to 5/8", and you don't need any sleeve for the knuckle.

Also, you don't need misalignment spacers for the drivers side, you can use safety washers, since the heim joint only turns and so uses very little misalignment.

maybe they are 5/8" i will measure them when i get home. Will spidertrax or poly performance make something that work with the heims i have?

thanks goat man!!!!

A 3/4 x 5/8 misalignment spacer will work with any 3/4" heim joint.

Back