• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Injectors vs Fuel Pump.

heyhar

NAXJA Forum User
My '96 country 4.0 became reluctant to start a few weeks ago. My first thought was pump. I had a thread going, and one responder suggested a leaky injector, losing pressure overnight. I got hold of a pressure gauge, and it showed zero after sitting, but it pops right back up to 49 at the turn of the key. I ran a can of BG44k through it, and it starts more eagerly,possibly pointing at a dirty/leaky injector. Sound about right?
So, I figure, an injector upgrade is in order, and a snappier throttle and better MPGs wouldn't hurt, either. I've looked at Precision Auto and Five-0, and noticed differences in what they offer. Precision has a nice video showing spray patterns and flow, and their listings seem accurate for the model years. The down side is the price-$450. Five-0's price is about half, but the website listings for years conflict, and it's unclear whether they are offering the better four hole pintle.
With the '96 came OBDll, and higher pressure, so I'm assuming that earlier, lower PSI injectors shouldn't be used. If anyone has used an alternate injector in a '96+ 4.0, I'd appreciate hearing of your experience. Thanks.

Back