• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Emergency brake cables

RichP

NAXJA Forum User
Need to replace my EB cables, they are shot, is there a kit out there that has the whole thing ?

im interested in this as well.
I put a d44 in my 97 out of an 87.
The 87 cables run to a central bracket.
My 97 cables are both ran to a side bracket.

im interested in this as well.
I put a d44 in my 97 out of an 87.
The 87 cables run to a central bracket.
My 97 cables are both ran to a side bracket.

If you still have drum brakes on your D44, the stock brake cables off your '98 will work. At least mine did when I swapped out the 8.25 for the D44.

[Sorry Rich... not much help for you...]

If you still have drum brakes on your D44, the stock brake cables off your '98 will work. At least mine did when I swapped out the 8.25 for the D44.

x2 Re-use your old cables, the ones off my D35 worked for my D44 swap as well

Rich, I'm only a little help:

Mopar Part numbers for 1998 XJ ('97 & '99 also) are:

5212 8072AB - CABLE, Parking Brake, Right
5212 8073 - CABLE, Parking Brake, Left

The factory parts catalog has no part number listed for the pair

Rich-There's a ton of '97+ in Harry's. Unless new ones are VERY reasonable, you could have 'new' ones quick......

I have not had time to go out there, this having a full time jobs sucks, eats up all the free time I used to have..why is it always either free time and no money or no time and plenty of money, I want free time and money, come on mega millions, come to daddy..

Were there any dark green ones, I'd really like to pick up two passenger side doors for mine.

The shame is I just tossed a whole '98 cable set-up that I got with my '98 interior, thinking I needed the cables to go with the handle to go with the console. I just re-did the cable assembly where it meets the rod coming off the handle (shout out to ehall). Next time I go, which may be soon, I'll look for the doors-what's the paint code? How about finding me a job? A little time off is cool, but this is getting ridiculous.

The shame is I just tossed a whole '98 cable set-up that I got with my '98 interior, thinking I needed the cables to go with the handle to go with the console. I just re-did the cable assembly where it meets the rod coming off the handle (shout out to ehall). Next time I go, which may be soon, I'll look for the doors-what's the paint code? How about finding me a job? A little time off is cool, but this is getting ridiculous.

A possibility, hows your customer service/cigar sales skills ? We are going to be doubling here in the next few months, new building going up double what we have now.

Back