• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Custom bumper advise???

dhodgee

NAXJA Forum User
I'm pretty new to the forum. I just bought my first XJ about a month ago. And I just bought a Miller 180 welder and De-walt chop saw. Hopefully buying a plasma sooner then later...

I am going to make my own bumpers.

Front- made for a winch & and possible with a large stinger
Rear- tire gate/gas tank,and high lift jack mounts.

I have seen a lot of nice work on here. Does anyone have any advise that you might have learned when you built yours?

Thank you.

Cardboard is your friend and measure 20X/cut once!

if you got those, bolt em up, and fab from there! your first hurdle is done.
heres some pics from mine. a million people make a bumper a million differant ways, i can only post mine... if you're looking for more of a conventional crawler type bumper, checkout the vendors and see what you like, and build it like that.

if you got those, bolt em up, and fab from there! your first hurdle is done.
heres some pics from mine. a million people make a bumper a million differant ways, i can only post mine... if you're looking for more of a conventional crawler type bumper, checkout the vendors and see what you like, and build it like that.

I like more of a trail/crawler type. But you have some nice pictures in your album!

Back