• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new way to retain stock flares?

stroked88

NAXJA Forum User
so i was messing around today with my xj and started looking at the way i trimmed my fenders. i did the cut and fold method on the rear and wanted to retain the look of factory flares. well instead of moving the flare up, i noticed the front wheel well has a bigger opening which happens to be the right size for the rear well after trimming. since i had folded up the rear quarters i took the front flare from the other side, and trimmed the part off that wrapped around and put it towards the rear, and then just drill holes to mount flare and cut it for the door to open before mounting.
Picture.jpg

edit: well maybe not so new just read a few posts down but i had never seen it done before.

Last edited:
thanks, i hadnt either and i was all happy i thought that i had found something and came home and posted it up and then not 5 minutes later i find it in the post bout tj flares some guy said it bout putting the front flares on the rear

Back