• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tire advice??

GREATWHITEJEEP

NAXJA Forum User
Ok ,been awile since I posted ,but I am doing a lot of upgrades next month and need advice on tires. I have an 01 with a POS junkyard lift. RC
4.5 adjustable lowers with RE 4.5 coils and 1.75 spacers I have 2" blocks in the back in addition to the 4.5 RC full leafs. Upgradeing to IRO long arms. I also ordered the RK x factor steering kit and Track Bar. Previously I have bent the crap out of two factory tie rods and have delat with all sorts of ill handling and tire wear issues including a very bad case of Death Wobble , Hoping to see some major improvements with the Beefier Gear. I was running Dunlop 31x 10.5s with stock 355 gears , they performed good offroad but wore out way to quick. I am looking into 32x11.5s The new BFG M/Ts are at the top of my list .Trying to stay on a budget to some extent, a Gear change is out for the time being. Will I suffer a noticeable loss of torque steping up to a a 32 ? for that matter can 33s work with out a gear change. I do have an opurtunity to pick up a set of used 35s 90% for a song ,but I would definitly need to run taller gears. Eventully I want to step up to a locked front and rear and 488s with 35s down the road maybe 6 months from now ,but I am tapped out with these upgrades for now. BTW I have 2x4 boxed steel weldded on rockers and bumpers and have folded my rear lower quaters panels. My goal is to have a fair road going cherokee under 65-70 mph and a decent offroad jeep, I want to run the Rubicon trail a couple times a year and parts of Fordyce creek trail. Like to run Eagle lakes to Cisco somewhat unassisted during low flow. Done it before on 31s but my XJ took a major beating. Any ideas comments thx
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2966911

Back