• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pinch seams

Stukboy

NAXJA Forum User
So, from the crossmember to the front of the XJ on the inside of the"uniframe rails" is a pinch seam. Since i'm doing a rather extensive modification to the front end how important is this seam.
I have installed frame stiffeners between the front and rear tires and front frame stiffeners.
I need to drill and sleeve the "uniframe" for the crossmember I made for the three link that is going in.
This seam is in the way. Can it be cut out? Well, let me rephrase, I know I can cut it will it have an affect on anything???
Thanx,
Stukboy

The pinch seams are the weld seams in the whole body and frame. If you cut the pinch seam in the frame you cut where the frame channel is welded together. As long as you know what you're doing, you can cut anything as long as sufficient reinforcement is added to make up for the cut.

Back