• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Finally spent some coin on my xj

NorcalXJnewbie

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so today I ordered the iron rock off road adjustable long arm upgrade, some dt8000 shocks, the over the knuckle steering kit.

Now 4 wheel parts has a sale and I am wondering what brand bead lock rims to buy and what tires in size 35 some fellow xj runners would reccomend?

I will do about 4 trail trips a year And play on lots of mud during hunting season here in California.

I have this set up; 6.5" lift, ford 8.8, 4.88 gears Detroit locker, 99 intake, new exhaust header, Dana 30 with axles and Ausie locker up front. Otk steering, dodge gear box and crok frame support, rock rails, bds bumper and xrc winch, re track bar, revolver shackles.

Any input

sounds like youve got it all figured out, but your question is tires? your going to get a lot of different answers... haha.

KM2s have really good on road characteristics. so do my baja claws, they i dont think they are the greatest in the mud. i havent had any complaints. if your wheeling that little during the year, are bead locks really necesary? i can air down to 10psi and still not pop a bead...

i would suggest a good performing all terrain for daily driving and hunting excursions, and get a beater set of rims and swampers for hard core wheeling off of craigs list. that way if you bend one your not out serious coin.

sounds like youve got it all figured out, but your question is tires? your going to get a lot of different answers... haha.

KM2s have really good on road characteristics. so do my baja claws, they i dont think they are the greatest in the mud. i havent had any complaints. if your wheeling that little during the year, are bead locks really necesary? i can air down to 10psi and still not pop a bead...

i would suggest a good performing all terrain for daily driving and hunting excursions, and get a beater set of rims and swampers for hard core wheeling off of craigs list. that way if you bend one your not out serious coin.

thanks for the idea.

or just get cragars w/o beadlocks and you have nice looking wheels and if you bend one its 42.95. so not too bad. and you could invest in one of these
PRC_RWT.jpg

Back