• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Whats a good radiator for a 97 with a stroker?

Red97XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, the 4.7 is in and running great! Almost have 1,000 miles on her. It is NOT running hot, nor has it gotten over the 210 mark, but the factory radiator has a CRACK in the passenger side, and leaks SLOWLY if I drive it more than about 25 minutes.

I have factory AC, and am wondering whats the best direct fit radiator? Where is the best/lowest place to get it?

Thanks for your help!
Jason

Pretty much any good higher capacity aftermarket radiator will get the job done. From reading plenty about this, and my own experience with two rigs with two strokers, nothing special is needed to cool the stroker......just a good radiator.

Both of mine are better aftermarket radiators, but I couldn't even tell you what brand they are. No issues on either one.

Pretty much any good higher capacity aftermarket radiator will get the job done. From reading plenty about this, and my own experience with two rigs with two strokers, nothing special is needed to cool the stroker......just a good radiator.

Both of mine are better aftermarket radiators, but I couldn't even tell you what brand they are. No issues on either one.

Thanks goatman! Do you have a place you recommend to get it? At this point, I plan on calling Dirk unless someone has a "this cant be beat" radiator/price from somewhere else.

i run a 2 row CSF from radiator bard with my 4.6, even crawling through the woods in the summer, it holds up fine.

Reading the description on dpgoffroad it says the radiator is a little bigger. Is this the case with all 2 & 3 row radiators? I went to a flex a lite fan with the mech fan delate a few years ago and clearance is tight. Im debating adding a taurus dual setup, any input on space issues with that?

Last edited:
a 2-row radiator is the same width as stock but a 3 row depends on the manufacturer as to whether its wider. if i had a choice between a 2 row or 3 row of the same width as stock, i would go with a 2 row.

but, the best thing to do is to call dirk at dpg to get the correct answer if your looking at getting the csf

Back