• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

loss of interior power

snail

NAXJA Forum User
1997 4.0 AX-15

I was driving home earlier and flipped my highbeams on for a few seconds then back off. A few seconds later I lost power to all of the following:

-interior dome lights
-radio
-all gauge needles
-OEM under hood light

The following interior still all have power and I was still driving fine:
-gauge cluster lights (all of them..background bulbs, shift light, blinkers, etc)
-cig plugs, defrost and rear wiper buttons
-HVAC lumination
-windows & window button lights and locks

everything else was fine also (headlights, highbeams, blinkers, brakelights)

I checked over the fuses quickly but didnt see anything. My main question is what circuit would the gauge needles be under and if the headlight switch crapped out (since all this seemed to happen after flicking my highbeams) would that effect the power to those areas?

Note: I also changed my dis. cap, rotor, plugs, and wires today but I drove it fine all day with no problem.

I know, I'll double check all the fuses and look for shorts. I just want to hit the ground running tommorow with any info you guys may be able to shed on the issue.

Well, if it was a Renix I would say there is a fuse for the IP gauges, the radio, and probably the underhood light. The interior lights are an un-switched circuit but should also have a fuse.

I would say start with the fuses.

Did some research and a double check of the fuses. Turns out its the #16 IOD (ignition-off draw) 15amp fuse in the PDC. Unfortunately I've got wire splices everywhere for accessories on that circuit, but I'm lending towards it being a short in my underhood light. I'll post up my findings later once I pick up new fuses or find my multimeter

Back