• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Turbo

chaser9478

NAXJA Forum User
I am just brainstorming......505 performance has turbos for $600. what would it tke to get that or another turbo to run?
Would you just have to plumb it in to the exhaust, get bigger injectors and a control module? Wonder how cheap you could do it for?

505's $600 turbo is just the turbo, no piping. The system from sts turbo isn't bolt on and doesn't do anything with the fuel system. Anticipate to spend another $1500 on top of that and figure out how to attach the turbo to the manifold.

You can turbo something for a fairly cheap price BUT you get what you pay for. The manifold is gonna be exepnsive because the take a lot of abuse from the heat and weight of the turbo. Remote mounting it will be easier/ cheaper if you can fab but then you need to run oil and sometimes coolant lines to the turbo. Most of the time the most money will be spent on the electronics. You can get away with something as simple as fish tank check valves and a raising rate fuel presure regulator to a full stand alone computer. If you crawl your best bet would be a SC cause you have boost right away or go with a small T3/T4 hybrid type turbo for fast spool up. If you run only 6lbs of boost you SHOULD be able to get away with stock injectors and no intercooler but key word is should! ***** now I have never turbod a jeep but have done sevral imports from street cars to drag cars and some that were ghetto fab with check valves and rrfp and others with full built fuel systems and stand alone ecu's... they all ran a map sensor so not sure if the jeep uses the same style fuel calibration. Good luck !!

I am researching. I am either going to get a stroker or build a 4.0 and turbo it. I know it won't be cheap but it will be less than 4g. I think that a turboed 4.0 done right would make more power and get better milage than a 4.7. Plus it would be really cool.

most people with the strokers (at least that ive met out here in CO) cant keep the damn things running or reliable...id say just go 5.3 or LS1 or GTFO

use something thats powerful as it is...rememeber KISS= Keep It Simple Stupid...
the more you mess with the more to break or have go wrong and we all know murphy is a PITA
so use something that can be left as it is and creates more power.....ie a nice v8
....but thats me

I am researching. I am either going to get a stroker or build a 4.0 and turbo it. I know it won't be cheap but it will be less than 4g. I think that a turboed 4.0 done right would make more power and get better milage than a 4.7. Plus it would be really cool.

If you're serious about it, and you put the right planning into it, I think the turbo 4.0 would be a lot cooler than a 4.7 stroker. To do it right you really should do injectors and all that as well. And as far as an intercooler goes, there's absolutely no reason not to have one. Hop on ebay, once could be had there for less than $100, and the generic ebay ICs will do just fine.
If you have turbo questions, feel free to PM me. I'm by no means an expert or anything, but I've been getting into building my truck (turbo'd) a lot more than jeeps lately so I might be able to help you out a bit.

If you're serious about it, and you put the right planning into it, I think the turbo 4.0 would be a lot cooler than a 4.7 stroker. To do it right you really should do injectors and all that as well. And as far as an intercooler goes, there's absolutely no reason not to have one. Hop on ebay, once could be had there for less than $100, and the generic ebay ICs will do just fine.
If you have turbo questions, feel free to PM me. I'm by no means an expert or anything, but I've been getting into building my truck (turbo'd) a lot more than jeeps lately so I might be able to help you out a bit.
id listen to my friends deaf and blind cat before i took any sort of advice from you....hahahahaha:laugh2:

Back