• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

94 stalling issue

dubranger20

NAXJA Forum User
my 94 xj with the 4.0l 5 speed 4wd has 264k on the odo idk if thats the actual miles on the engine has been randomly stalling weather its slowing down at a red light or 70mph on the highway..sometimes it cranks right back up and other times it takes 5-10 mins to get it to start back up..it seems to be doing it more often.no cel is coming on.any help on the issue with be much appreciated..

I would suspect thermal failure of the crank sensor--common issue.

Fuel, air, compression, and Spark, all at the right time and the right place.

Get it into the "fault" condition and check for spark and/or test the crank sensor with a meter.

ok i checked fuel and i have fuel ..i checked the cps sensor with a multi meter and im showing between 4-9ohms of resistance on the cps..i ran the jeep for about 6 or 7 mins and while i was under the hood the jeep shut itself off and took about 3 tries of cranking to get it to start again then it ran about 3 mins and shut down again..

Last edited:
Back