• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how much lift from bastard packs

metalandmud01

NAXJA Forum User
got a stock xj prolli gonna run 4.5 in lift but was thinkin bout doin some jy bastard paks for the rear and was wondering how much lift i can get out of em with what combo and how the ridewould be

Comanche, S-10, or dodge dakota leaves should all give you about 4-5" and will all perform about the same on/offroad. I have either done them myself or driven rigs with all 3 of these done.

Remove all but your XJ main leaf. Take the whole other pack from the donor rig and cut the eyes off the main...install it under the XJ main and viola.

Or you can just try to piece them together with various leaves from various other rigs but that's trial and error at best.

I just built mine with grand wagoneer leaves...2 leaves added into my XJ packs and then removing the shortest XJ leaf got me abouut 2.5" or so.

There is a ton of info on the bastard packs & how much lift you can get. I see you are going for 4.5" or so. In my opinion using all the leaves under will net you probably a little more lift than necessary, especially using the overload leaf. This is a good guide if its your first time http://www.rocklizardfabrications.com/home_brew_budget_boost.htm

I have ran about a half dozen different combos of mixed leaves & I find that the donor pack main leaves are the best ones to use. The leaves below the main leaf tend to have alot more arch than the jeep main leaf & when you clamp them to your XJ main leaf there can sometimes be a gap between because they are arched so different. I personally now run 3 s10 main leaves per side under the main at staggered lengths with a overload leaf & like the way it works offroad better than any other way I have had it. I know collecting that many leaves is not normal, but I had modified s10s before and know alot of people who had the stock parts in the trash. Good luck.

Back