• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

aw4 rear seal leaking after clocking ring install

bigchief1919

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys, my name is daniel. im new to the site. been offroading for about 10 years in my cj and recently got my dad and older brother into it. they both bought XJs. on my dads i installed a 231/dana 300 doubler (same as i have in mine) but with a clocking ring between the AW4 and the 231. it wasnt leaking before but leaks like crazy now. i know that the newer Dodge autos need a rear tranny seal spacer when you use a clocking ring to get proper engagement of the tcase input and the tranny seal. is this the case on the AW4 as well and if so who makes one? ive searched online for about an hour with no luck. what do yall think?

fyi, not related to the question but heres a little background on the XJ. dont remember what year but it was an NON vacume 4wd. was stock but we quickly change that. it now has a fully 1/4" plated frame, 1.75 exo cage, 117"wb, dana 60 and 14 bolt, 1.25 ballistic joints on front triangled 4 link, rear leafs turned around backwards, about 6.5" lift, BDS 9500 shocks, recenters H1s with grooved 42 TSLs. 4.0, AW4, 231-300 doubler, front is doved (dont remember how much but pulled the fenders all the way to the grill. full hydro steering, welded front spiders, detroit rear, 4.56 gears and cut brakes. And now for a pic.

dadsjeepalmostdone.jpg

I'm no help with your question, but wow! They recently bought XJ's and one of them already looks like that? You guys weren't messing around. Very nice! (And I usually don't care much for non-streetable builds)

Call advance adapters or novak 4x4, they should be able to answer your question.

thanks for the replys, tera flex makes one if anyone else runs into this. this XJ is about 6 months into the making. could be done in a few days but money is slow coming in so till will prolly drag out till august. I dont have a pic of my brothers but it is an 01 4 door with a 6.5 BDS long arm kit, cut out flares, 35" truxas MTs and aussi lockers. picked up a HP dana 44 from a 78 F250 im going to cut down for the front. will most likely be getting 4.88s and a 4:1 dana 300 before summer is over.

thanks for the replys, tera flex makes one if anyone else runs into this. this XJ is about 6 months into the making. could be done in a few days but money is slow coming in so till will prolly drag out till august. I dont have a pic of my brothers but it is an 01 4 door with a 6.5 BDS long arm kit, cut out flares, 35" truxas MTs and aussi lockers. picked up a HP dana 44 from a 78 F250 im going to cut down for the front. will most likely be getting 4.88s and a 4:1 dana 300 before summer is over.

Not to get off topic, but how does he like the BDS lift? I'm considering the 4.5" BDS or RE 4.5" lift.

the one with the BDS has only been on 2 rides, once in Gilmer and once in Hidden Falls. its a real good kit. i install for a living so i deal with a lot of brands and BDS is by far my favorite. the flex is good. the rear springs are taking a while to brake in but that may mean they will last longer. we added frame stifferns and sliders, man did that make a difference. completey different jeep. its much more predicatable. some of the other kits use radius arms which are fine but i've always been a fan of 4 frame mounts over just 2.

Back