• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fatal Jeep rollover last night

Goatman

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
WOW that's too bad,I run thr trails up there all of the time, nothing too crazy but anything can happen at anytime.

Richard,
Did they come off the Black Gulch 4x4 trail between Keyesville and Rancheria road, or off the Freeway Ridge trail coming down from the Black Gulch trail to the 178 canyon.
I'm just not placing a Delano trail and the pictures look like the Freeway Ridge staging area.

Richard,
Did they come off the Black Gulch 4x4 trail between Keyesville and Rancheria road, or off the Freeway Ridge trail coming down from the Black Gulch trail to the 178 canyon.
I'm just not placing a Delano trail and the pictures look like the Freeway Ridge staging area.

Looks like the Freeway Ridge Staging area, about the only tricky spot on the trail. Not sure where they got Delano trail from.

dam 200 feet that's bad and its sad too see. man something had to go wrong i wheel up there all the time and its not to bad. i was out there a few weeks ago in my toyota and nothing was to riped up out there sad to see.:(

If nothing is to extreme then did they find if alcohol was in the mix or just maybe driving to fast on the trail road.

The spot where it looks to me where it happened is a bit tricky and I've seen vehicles almost go over the edge. There's a nice big rut right in the middle of the trail as it climbs 2-3 hundred feet with a wall on one side and a drop on the other. It's not too hard, but there is a bit of pucker factor.

I guessing it was this spot...

IMG0041.jpg

IMG0014.jpg

IMG0019.jpg

Last edited:
Appears the roll cage did its job. Unfortunately the passengers did not

We've seen some pretty bad rolls, even where the vehicle was totaled, but people walked away because they were wearing their belts.

Gotta wear the belts.

would seat belts have helped in a 200 foot fall? im guessing a lil bit, but not much!

RIP, at least they died wheelin.

I think since it rolled 200 ft, and They were ejected, it would have Greatly improved their chances. IMHO

We all know the risks we take when we wheel. We prepare our rigs and often prepare our selves for the activities we will engage in, but you have to understand that your safty is never certain and you must plan for the worst case senario. Unfortuantly that meens wearing you damn seat belt as well as securing the items inside your rig.

Why have a cage and not make sure you stay in side it ???

This is a bummer. I woke up today and dram that i rolled my jeep on the freeway. it was freaky. gotta be careful out there.

Back