• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

really bad rust rear shock mount uh oh

CLOISER

NAXJA Forum User
2086940210062896137S600x600Q85.jpg

after 8 years in the northeast:

should I be looking for rear shock hoop or parting out jeep :anon:

rust in front not bad like rust in rear, in other words front arm mounts are good just rear end and rear bumper mounts rusted real bad....will be picking up some ospho soon :tears:

Last edited:
detours ones bolt right into void where original mounts were? how thick is the sheet metal above the sheet metal that rusted out, you had same problem i'm showing?

thanks for input

checkout the thread over in jeepspeed tech before dealing with cross enterprises, theres 2 people who were waiting a long time for parts from cross, one guy FINALLY got his stuff, but the 2nd guy is still being ignored by cross, and he's allready paid for parts! just fyi.

this is really the only thing they make for xj's... and combined with the fact that both jks and detours have spotless reputations....

I had broken bolts and the detours ones can be bolted or welded or both. If your top mounts are rotted out you can use longer bolts through the floor( last resort) or you could make a metal patch and then use the detours mounts. I hope this helps. BTW my XJ is for sale on the NAC classifieds...should you be looking for a replacement! Seriously, good luck.

I had broken bolts and the detours ones can be bolted or welded or both. If your top mounts are rotted out you can use longer bolts through the floor( last resort) or you could make a metal patch and then use the detours mounts. I hope this helps. BTW my XJ is for sale on the NAC classifieds...should you be looking for a replacement! Seriously, good luck.

ok thanks for tips looks like I'll be attempting to patch some metal on there and maybe find some shock mounts at the junk yard..

I'd never buy a another northeastern vehicle, rust is gonna end my love affair with my current jeep...but good luck with the sale your rig is really nice (too expensive and too much equipment for me) and congrats on the baby, say goodbye to all your toys :gee:

Last edited:
checkout the thread over in jeepspeed tech before dealing with cross enterprises, theres 2 people who were waiting a long time for parts from cross, one guy FINALLY got his stuff, but the 2nd guy is still being ignored by cross, and he's allready paid for parts! just fyi.

this is really the only thing they make for xj's... and combined with the fact that both jks and detours have spotless reputations....

I was leaning towards detours anyhow, thanks for heads up, might just try to fabricate something in the back like http://www.rubiconexpress.com/BuilderParts/Product.aspx?folder=BPSM&part=RE2020 or http://www.rocky-road.com/xjbarpin.html

Back