• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dead horse: OME rear leaves, owners chime in

CLOISER

NAXJA Forum User
Looking to replace my OEM HD springs with some old man emu springs, I see a bunch of products listed on website:

Light Load Spring 2.0" 2 CS034RB
Medium Load Spring 2..25" 2 CS034RA
Medium Load Spring 2..75" 2 CS033RB
Medium Load Spring 3.5" 2 CS033RA
Heavy Constant Load Spring 2.0" 2 CS035RA

However I'll probably order through Quadratec (~$420 shipped for front ome930 and rear springs, local off road shops quoted me $460 and $675!) who have the following:

Old Man Emu 2" Light Load Leaf Spring CS034RB
Old Man Emu 2" Medium Load Leaf Spring CS034RA
Old Man Emu 2" Heavy Load Leaf Spring CS035RA

I want to hear from owners of these springs, thanks guys!

leaning towards medium load spring with 5 leaves with high-ish spring rate, heavy load spring has 4 main with low spring rate and 1 high rate helper from what I hear

my specs:
1998 4x4 full stock skids, I tow rarely, I have front winch setup

!!!1

thanks again!

also if you know a better place to order online, or in west georgia, let me know, prefer dealing with big dogs as I find returns exchanges etcetera to be easier, ya crazy I know

ya quadratec seems tough to beat, plus I've ordered through them before had no problems, send me a few too many wrangler catalogs though....

ya quadretec seems tough to beat, plus I've ordered through them before had no problems, send me a few too many wrangler catalogs though....

Remember you have to order bushings as well. I am going to replace my bastard pack with OME leafs sometime soon. Probably when I do a rear axle swap.

I try to help the little guy, with outstanding customer service. QT will make a buck whether I send people their way or not.............;)

Fair enough?

I understand. Leafs aren't normally very cheap to ship. the shipping was about the cost of one leaf spring. Like I said, shipping for the rad was very reasonable and his customer service is good.

My old rig had the heavy duty 2.0 OME springs. I loved the spring rate. Firm but not rattle-your-teeth-out firm. They did have an inverted overload spring, which sticks down a little bit, but not below the axle tube. It COULD be a problem offroad, but it never was for me. They aren't shotpeened like the other OME springs. Also I'd have preferred full military wrap and english eye. Also the price is kind of ridiculous.

Tagging along on this thread. I've been needing to replace my SHOT OE springs on my '96 for the past couple of years and I'm finally at a point where it's getting to be more of a NEED since they're sagging so bad now.

I've been wanting OME springs/shocks... but not sure I can justify the price, but willing to do what's necessary. If/when you order or find a deal please follow-up so I might be able to tag along. I'll do the same.

My '96 is my DD and has over 241K miles on the clock... still running strong (knock on wood)

My old rig had the heavy duty 2.0 OME springs. I loved the spring rate. Firm but not rattle-your-teeth-out firm. They did have an inverted overload spring, which sticks down a little bit, but not below the axle tube. It COULD be a problem offroad, but it never was for me. They aren't shotpeened like the other OME springs. Also I'd have preferred full military wrap and english eye. Also the price is kind of ridiculous.

how much lift did you get from 2.0 HD springs, spring rate is actually lower than medium and light duty until you reach overload spring so the light and med must be pretty stiff
I priced them out and pretty much same price as any other replacement leaf ($100-$120 (skyjacker $150)), old man emu shocks is where they get you: $170 an axle (running some ranchos, no complaints)

Have the light duty springs and got 1.5 inches over old springs on my 99 with 60k Miles after settleing for about 1 year. Now I'm adding OME Add a leafs. I'd personally go with the mediums. Skip the HD, they are only help when you have such a large load that they are compressed down to the overloads. Useless for Daily Driving.

On my 01, I have the mediums all around with OME shocks. Gave me about 2 in. in front and 2.5 rear lift. I absolutely love the way they ride and handle. I use my Jeep for everything from running quick errands around town to 50+ mile back country adventure and even moderate trails. I am running 31in tires and they do rub a little at times (need to bump stop and trim a bit).

You absolutely will not find better quality in a small lift than OME. Run their shocks or Bilstiens to get the most out of the springs, don't hamper them with cheap shocks.

Other than the lift and tires, my Jeep is completely stock. It will go through any thing a rig on 31s has any right to. Although I could use some 4.10 gears, lockers, and armor, my Jeep has never disapointed offroad.

Matt

I've got CS035RAs on my 96. I like em. I got about 3.5" out of them with a stock rig on top of them, no aftermarket bumpers weighing it down etc. I drove around for over a month with an 8.8 and then a d30 (one at a time) sitting in the back, and I think they might have finally sagged to around 3" but I'm not sure.

They complement a set of OME934 coils up front (1" V8 ZJ front coils) very nicely.

I just installed OME 3" Ultimate kit from DPG (awesome transaction) and recomend OME to EVERYONE! I've had BDS, RE (aal on monotubes) and I like OME the best by a bit. It is a firm ride but not too stiff and the shocks are pretty awesome too.

I just installed OME 3" Ultimate kit from DPG (awesome transaction) and recomend OME to EVERYONE! I've had BDS, RE (aal on monotubes) and I like OME the best by a bit. It is a firm ride but not too stiff and the shocks are pretty awesome too.

what was your price shipped? what does ultimate include

I had a trackbar and jks disco's so that price was deducted and I believe it was just over a grand shipped to Washington.

Includes:
- 2 coils for front
- 2 small spacers
- Disco cables
- 2 rear packs
- 4 leaf bushings
- ubolt kit
- front bumpstops
- 4 shocks (I got the new and improved shocks with the plastic cover)

Dont have part #'s can dig those out when I get home if you are interested.

OME934s cost me around 160, CS035RAs cost me around 250. I forget the exact numbers and don't recall if that was with or without shipping.

cool thanks I'll probably go for CS034RA rear and OME930 in the front, ~$420 shipped from quadratec to my door...pick up some spring bushings and pb blaster (might need a few cans) at oreilly and use some ranchos I got

Back