• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Smoke out of gas tank?

Cold gas hitting warm gas ?

Government mind control experiment! Don't inhale any of it!

:)

Sure it was smoke or just a white vapor that disapated quickly as it came out?

If your jeep is in a heated garage and then filled with cold gas could make sense, as RichP suggested earlier

Government mind control experiment! Don't inhale any of it!

that was my favorite!:cheers:

Speed_racer said:
Weird thing today... filling my Jeep up and had some dry ice looking fog coming out only while pumping. Would stop coming out when not pumping.

have no idea what it could be...

Any ideas?
Whoah dude, where in the hell have you been? I was wondering WTF happened to you...

Those are just gas vapors. They usually occur when you have a lot of pressure built up then you release it from the tank. It may mean you have a faulty gas tank vent but probably not if it's running good.

The gas acts as a cooling media for the fuel pump. If you were low on fuel, the pump could've heated up. When the cool gas hit it, you saw the steam? But wait....what's the boiling point of gas?
Anyway. back to the fuel cooling the pump. Continually running the fuel tank low will shorten the life of you fuel pump.

Back