• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lil bumpsteer, do i need t-bar drop? (pics)

Sleeper

NAXJA Forum User
Well after getting a re adj tbar i finally got my axle to sit right again but i still have a little bit of bumpsteer. I thought everything was parallel but i guess not, now before i go and buy Drop brackets for my short arms i was wondering if a drop bracket for my trac bar would help....? What do you think of my angles... now keep in mind i am still adding a coil spacer to make up for the rear sitting at 6", the fornt now sits at 4.5" so when i am done the front will be at 5.5".

http://img686.imageshack.us/i/img0340r.jpg/

http://img130.imageshack.us/i/img0339qj.jpg/

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=Pqet_aJ

Last edited:
It will help you get death wobble faster!

Aah.... well first money is an issue and second i only have TNT adj uppers and RC lowers that are for the 4.5'' kit. So i assume i would need to buy lowers? Aas far as drops for the ca's i have a guy who will sell me a set of RC's used for 100 and shipping.

As far as the trac bar goes i am not sure yet?

What "drop bracket" for the trackbar are you talking about?

If you are reffering to the RE trackbar bracket, that is meant for there heavy duty trackbar, and can't be used with their heim trackbar (which is the trackbar I assume you have.

The HD drop bracket as you said for the frame side, alot of people use is with the RE1600, if need be i can find a used HD one but for now it should work i beleive.....

how would i get death wobble? Begster, you mean for the trac bar frame side?

They tend to come loose. My roommate has one on his ZJ and the damn thing will not stay tight for more than a couple months. He should be getting a new track bar as soon as he gets his yota on the road.

They tend to come loose. My roommate has one on his ZJ and the damn thing will not stay tight for more than a couple months. He should be getting a new track bar as soon as he gets his yota on the road.
the trac bar comes loose or the drop bracket for it?

The HD drop bracket as you said for the frame side, alot of people use is with the RE1600, if need be i can find a used HD one but for now it should work i beleive.....

Really, thats funny because I haven't. Considering the superflex joint on the HD track bar and the heim are different widths, so I don't see how the RE1600 track bar would work with the HD bracket, which is meant for the HD track bar.

Really, thats funny because I haven't. Considering the superflex joint on the HD track bar and the heim are different widths, so I don't see how the RE1600 track bar would work with the HD bracket, which is meant for the HD track bar.
same as the stock bracket, you drill the hole a littel bigger and the heim just goes sideways instead of vertical, i have seen it... not sure how safe it is but i have seen it before. Right now money is tight and i just want it to get me on a 7 hour trip with no probs or dw etc....

sorry if i offended you or so have it... i am just looking to sww if i am parellel enough or what i need to do since so mnay have been through this

get the HD bracket. you can just throw some spacers in to negate the different widths of the hiem vs. superflex joint. though, the bracket drops the mounting point by about 3" and that would seem to be too much.

3''? hm... that would seem to be too much don't you think? remeber though i will be adding another 1" upfront to what i already have very soon.

There is "NO" drop in the RE HD trackbar bracket.

FWIW, just having the drag link and track bar parallel won't guarantee that you have no bumpsteer. They're different lengths and mount in different locations so they could have different amounts of horizontal movement for the same amount of vertical suspension compression.

Basically, you can apply the pythagorean theorem to calculate the change in horizontal movement of the drag link and the track bar at different suspension heights (ie: at rest, and say with 3 inches of suspension compression) and see if they're dramatically different. If they are, then you'll need to adjust things, such as lowering the frame side track bar mount, or whatever else is necessary. You can consider different mounting points and re-do the calculations to see if that'll do the trick.

...lars

Back