• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fuel pump swap?

wheelinscott

NAXJA Forum User
93 4.0 aw4 231 etc

im pretty sure my airtex (bought from auto zone) fuel pump overheated yesterday while wheeling. (getting load backfiring missing etc.)

i know that the auto parts places carry the bosch pump, but it doesnt seem like the whole assembly.

can i buy the bosch parts and put them on the airtex assembly?
ive been through a few of the airtex pumps and want to do this right. the first one worked a month, replaced it with warrenty, lasted oh about a year gave me problems after wheeling one day and it sat and was fine after that until now.

TIA

Well, I guess I would check the fuel pressure to confirm your suspicions.

Yes, I think you could mount a Bosch pump to the airtex assembly.

thanks alot joe, ill try that out.

i notice you helping alot of people, so i really apprieciate all that you do for all of us. people like you is was makes :NAXJA: awesome.....

:cheers:

thanks alot joe, ill try that out.

i notice you helping alot of people, so i really apprieciate all that you do for all of us. people like you is was makes :NAXJA: awesome.....

:cheers:

Just trying to Pay it Forward.

Update:

I picked up the Delphi replacement pump and it wont work with the airtex stuff. the motor on the airtex is alot bigger than the delphi unit. so now im stuck. im going to mess with the old on and see what i can do. i ordered another airtex so im praying that works this one last time.......

Update:

I picked up the Delphi replacement pump and it wont work with the airtex stuff. the motor on the airtex is alot bigger than the delphi unit. so now im stuck. im going to mess with the old on and see what i can do. i ordered another airtex so im praying that works this one last time.......

Can't make it fit--fab something up with clamps/hose/plumber's tape?

curious: whats the price differences between the Delphi, Airtex, Bosch, and OEM/Mopar Pumps?

I figure when mine goes ill spend the coin on the OEM replacement because all I here is complaints about the cheaper alternatives.

Does Napa have a pump?

Sorry for the hijack :cheers:

curious: whats the price differences between the Delphi, Airtex, Bosch, and OEM/Mopar Pumps?

I figure when mine goes ill spend the coin on the OEM replacement because all I here is complaints about the cheaper alternatives.

Does Napa have a pump?

Sorry for the hijack :cheers:
I bought a Bosch for mine off rockauto.com for $72 total delivered to my door. They have some fantastic sales at times. I didn't even need the pump, just opened the box to inspect it, then taped it back up and its sitting on the shelf.

I bought a Bosch for mine off rockauto.com for $72 total delivered to my door. They have some fantastic sales at times. I didn't even need the pump, just opened the box to inspect it, then taped it back up and its sitting on the shelf.

hahaha preparing for the inevitable.

I swapped for the pump from a 2000ish body era of a 4.6L V8 mustang. It was slightly smaller than the stock pump on my 1991 XJ but it fit in there just fine since the sock holds the bottom on and you are connecting it with a bit of fuel hose anyway. Then I used the supplied clamps to hook it to my hanger. The Holly brand pump I got was like $15 bucks cheaper than the stock aftermarket pump.

Back