• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rowher Flat OHV

RS Speed

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone have experience here, just looking for trails and I had never noticed this one.. They re-opened her in november, thinking about going down there since its so close to home :)

Don't let the name fool you, there's nothing flat there except the occasional tire. There are two black diamond trails with climbs of pucker factor (my windshield squirters start spraying 'cause the bottle is higher than the windshield) and I've witnessed rollovers on both the same day. An intermediate ridge firebreak goes up and down to Lookout Peak where the two black diamond trails end up. And there are regular forest service roads connecting the whole area (Texas Canyon).
My favorite trail is the Lookout fire break from Bouquet Reservoir straight up to the top. Haven't been on it since it was closed for fire rehabilitation though. Maybe time to check it out again.

It is all pretty easy stuff up there. As it is said it can be steep but I did it all on my old XJ on 31s and a 3" lift.

Sorry for being the token idiot, but where is the 14?

I've only been there on my KTM.... Nice place. But some of the trails we were on were GNARLY!!!

I fell down a dry waterfall and the bike ended up on top of me..... Broke the headlight and the taillight in the same get-off...:helpme:

Maybe research it a little more and look for maps??

Do you think I can make it stock?

There are forest service roads that allow easy access to the destinations the tougher trails go to.
My favorite trail there, from Bouquet Reservoir to Lookout Peak, is a fire break that crosses a main forest service road many times, like Cleghorn, you can try some of the less challenging parts or go around to the next crossing point.
A stock XJ will out climb most any 4x4, you just have limited ground clearance.

If I can get the tubework done on my rig I can lead a run up there.

cool! let us know

Will do. Might be a couple of weeks though.

I had some chassis flex on the big bear trip that caused my windshield to come loose and leak. The additional tubework is to minimize the body flex to prevent that from happening again. :)

There are forest service roads that allow easy access to the destinations the tougher trails go to.
My favorite trail there, from Bouquet Reservoir to Lookout Peak, is a fire break that crosses a main forest service road many times, like Cleghorn, you can try some of the less challenging parts or go around to the next crossing point.
A stock XJ will out climb most any 4x4, you just have limited ground clearance.
Really,why do you think a stock will out climb most 4x4?

Really,why do you think a stock will out climb most 4x4?

Just something about the wheelbase of the XJ lets it transfer wieght to the rear wheels when climbing, along with its low center of gravity, that lets it out perform TJs, Yotas, British Junk (last time I was there our group of budget and salvage XJs wheeled through a club of Defender 90's with Camel Trophy door decals that were stuck with broken axles all over the first hill) and wanna bees like H1's.
Just air the tires down, and disconnect the sway bars, and you will be surprised where a stocker can go.

Back