• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Switched 12V source

bonez67

NAXJA Forum User
Help,

I am wiring my 99 XJ for towing and want to add a solenoid and charge line to the trailers battery. I need help finding an appropriate (key run) switched 12V line to trigger the solenoid. I want to mount the solenoid on the inner fender near the Battery.

Any help would be great

Bonez

key run? is this like when you turn the key to the start position to crank the engine? if so, tap the wire to the stater solinoid or trace the starter solinoid wire back to the source and run another wire.

No not the start position but the running position
"+12V only when key is in the run position"

does your fuse block/panel have an ACC slot?

im not familiar with the newer xjs, but on my 89, i could use power for the sig lighter, radio, power windows,...; basically anything from the ignition switch at the base of the colomn.

I got lucky and already had taps installed to the harness, from some pos aftermarket alarm.

x2 on using the cig circuit, its only switching a relay. Should not be an issue.

Back