• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering wheel/alignment issue

jdbwrx

NAXJA Forum User
I am currently running a WJ knuckle conversion. I have it set up with one ton tie rod ends on the drag link, and Teraflex offset TRE's on the tie rod. The ball joints are new and I have the WJ lowers in. The tie rod is flipped using goferit flipserts.

I seem to have a problem keeping my steering wheel centered. Meaning, I set the toe, and then set the draglink so the wheel is centered. It drives fine around town and everything is lined up great. I go wheeling, and then my steering wheel is always a bit off when I am done.

I have gone over the entire steering/suspension set up and don't know what I am missing. Obviously there is something changing in the geometry that casues it to do this, but I am at a loss on where else to look. All of the jam nuts are tight and I used blue lock-tite. The tie rods are all new or near new and have no slop in them. Track bar is tight and is braced. Steering box is a newer Durango box as is plated on both sides. I have checked the control arm jam nuts and they all seems to be tight as well as the control arm mounts. The springs clips are in and tight.

Any suggestions on what else to troubleshoot would be appreciated. I have attached a few pics of the set up for reference.

P1000787.jpg

P1000788.jpg

P1000789.jpg

Thoughts?

It has nothing to do with your steering,your springs are losing lift!

Back