• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fender flare dilemma

chaser9478

NAXJA Forum User
Here's the deal. I have bushwhackers. I hate them but I need something. What are you guys doing? I like the baja look but how tough is the fiberglass? How would I do the rear? I have a 4 door btw. Thanks

I had a similiar issue. I got pulled over for having no flares. I had some tj flares laying around, but wanted something different. So I tried my hand at making some for myself. Here's what I came up with and I'm very happy with them.

jeep001Small.jpg

They are good looking. I don't need a hassle though. There is a vender on here, napier, who has some flares too. They look just like the ones I have and almost the same price.The new bushwhackers are ok too. Anybody got a 4 door with fiberglass front and rear?

They are steel. I made them to be bolted on, that way I can remove them if I ever want to.

Did you do anything to the fender to support the tube flares? I am thinking of doing some similar to yours but I am concerned that the first tree will crunch the fender in (concern is mostly for the fronts). My current method for avoiding this is to squish the flare against the tree and then fling the flare into the woods when the Jeep is removed from the tree.

You could use two sets of rear flares from a TJ.
They actually look really clean.

where do you order 4 extended rears from? someone gave me link once, but I cant find it. They were $160.

Did you do anything to the fender to support the tube flares? I am thinking of doing some similar to yours but I am concerned that the first tree will crunch the fender in (concern is mostly for the fronts). My current method for avoiding this is to squish the flare against the tree and then fling the flare into the woods when the Jeep is removed from the tree.

Yes, I made up some brackets to strengthen the fender. The are pretty strong.

tubeflares14.jpg

tubeflares15.jpg

Back