• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

installing DRL on 98 XJ

PolishX

NAXJA Forum User
OK yes I am odd .. I read in my FSM about DRL , seen a few posts on them but they were all for rigs that already had them ... anyone ever install them on a XJ that didnt already have them ? I am ssuming that all i have to do is find the spot where the DRL plugs in , add fuse in panel and presto?

Other option is to get a set of replacment H4 headlights with city lights in them. They have an extra bulb in the bottom that is on all the time.

You will need the DRL module p/n 56004262. I looked at the FSM and it seems that DRL was a factory option that can't be added unless you change the headlamp wire harness. The plug in for the module is located on the passenger fender wire hareness, near the fan motor (if you have it at all).

You can get a generic DRL add on from www.JCWhitney.com

sjx40250 said:
you got me! What is a DRL?

Daytime Running Light(s).

Tim_MN said:
You will need the DRL module p/n 56004262. I looked at the FSM and it seems that DRL was a factory option that can't be added unless you change the headlamp wire harness. The plug in for the module is located on the passenger fender wire hareness, near the fan motor (if you have it at all).

You can get a generic DRL add on from www.JCWhitney.com

thank you very much , exactly the in depth response I needed .... and no i am not being sarcastic

Correct me if I'm wrong...
But I remember reading couple years ago
that you also have to have the DRB change the
country code to Canada to have the DRL work.

Eddie

If I'm correct, in ny, even if you retrofit them, insurance co. will not give you a discount.

I have some cheap tractor lites as drl's. Couldnt afford collision, also put some relective tape like semis use to maybe lessen my chances of getting hit.

Also put tape on each tire, like new bicycles have 'em, cheap insurance.

Again, that's what my insurance company guy said...

Back