• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Req advice: Corbeau brackets don't fit

lilredwagn

NAXJA Forum User
Purchased a pair of corbeau sport seats in june/july and they've been sitting in my living room since then, as I didn't want to put them in the jeep until I was done with some other interior work.

Bought the adapters too: ready-made adapters were a key reason I went with corbeau and not PRP. Paid like $70 each for these half-baked things.

Decided it would be a good time to get to the seats, as I've a road trip this weekend, so I tried to attach the brackets ...

and a problem with both seats:

Also, someone here once said that corbeau was US manufactured - I find that is not the case. Somewhat irrelevant, but thought I would mention it for anyone who still cares about that sort of thing.

Anyway. I have 3 options as I see it:

- contact the vendor
- contact the manufacturer
- grind out the holes and find some grade 8 washers

I'm just a little irritated right now, but I plan to go through steps one and two tomorrow. Since that route is unlikely to help me get these things in by Saturday, I thought I'd ask the "modified" crowd if step 3 seemed like a reasonable option if the first two don't pan out - am I risking the crashworthiness of the seat by doing something like that?

Last edited:
Well you could spend 30 minutes on the phone or 30 seconds with a drill!

Back