PDA

View Full Version : Pinion angle?

Droopy76
May 29th, 2010, 13:27
I'm running 6.5 in. springs in the rear with 7* shims. I just installed a set of JKS boomerang shackles to try to improve the ride and shackle angle a little. Before the shackles my pinion angle was 2* lower than my DS angle. Now it looks like my pinion and DS are dead in line. Is this going to cause issues during acceleration? Am I going to have to change my shims to 6* or do you think it will be alright? Also does anybody know the torque specs on the shackle and spring eye bolts?

Thanks

Droopy

Droopy76
May 29th, 2010, 15:31
Come on guy's. Somebody help me out here.

ehall
May 29th, 2010, 16:20
Do you have an SYE?

If yes, the pinion needs to be in-line with the driveshaft pointing at the transfer case output, or 1-2 degrees lower to allow for acceleration

If no, the pinion and slip yoke need to be parallel to each other.

Droopy76
May 29th, 2010, 20:10
Yhea, I have a AA SYE. I thought the pinion should be a little lower to allow for acceleration. If they are in line will it cause vibes during acceleration?

Thanks

Droopy

93gc40
May 29th, 2010, 21:38
Maybe, maybe not. I suggest you do a test drive and find out. Not really the type of question to can be answered here, it would be opinion. I don"t have a SYE, If I set my pinion as I'm supposed to, parallel I get vibes, If I set it as if I had a SYE no vibes. All Jeeps are different, some things just have to be figured out by trial and error.