• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

T&T Longarm measurments

Saratoga

NAXJA Forum User
So I recently upgrade my axels and took measurments of everything and wrote it down on this little peice of paper before ripping it apart, now it has mysteriously disapeared.
My Q is, people who run this system at 6'' or so with 35's, what is your eye to eye measurment for the lower control arms.
Thanks,
Mike

I think its 38-40, can't rememeber, call up T&t

ZacSquatch said:
I think its 38-40, can't rememeber, call up T&t
Theres no way they could be much longer than 34",your numbers put the joint all the way behind the crossmember!

JimsXJ said:
I think it's 38 1/2. If I think about it when I get home, I'll check the instructions.

-Jim C

well, did you read this post by jom too?
looks like a pattern

The TNT long arms... what is the max height you can get for those arms?

Smittty9785 said:
The TNT long arms... what is the max height you can get for those arms?
Mines over 7" lift up front with plenty more room. There are other factors that you need to work in, like are you moving the axle forward, etc.

From their site...
T&T Customs said:
The Y-Link Radius Arm Upgrade is recommended for lift heights between 4.5" and, but not limited to, 9".

well im looking to get HP44 up front and 9" in the rear out of a late 70's f-150. not sure on the years.. but yes i was planning on getting this lift and wanted to get about 7.5" in the front

did mineabout a month or so ago. Took me and my buddy about a week everday after classes were done probably about 25-30 hours including all the stops for tools etc...

just know a unibit is your friend and i would recomend a 13/16 drill bit to clean the holes up after the unitbit. measure twice drill once. and besides that everything was pretty straight forward. hope you like cutting and grinding our plasma was out so i had to cut off the LCA mounts with a cutoff wheel (about 3 actually) that was kinda a pain.

CanMan said:
About as long as Jeremy said. :D

And you should look into straightening out that belly pan before you install it.

I looked at the bellypan last week and it looked pretty good, something else I should know about? haha and I trust Jeremy but I wanted a second opinion...

-Alex

Yeah i dont see why not, i think the arms are the easiest part though. (besides cutting off the LCA mounts)

Once you install the pan youll be like, hell why dont i just do the arms too. haha

swbooking said:
did mineabout a month or so ago. Took me and my buddy about a week everday after classes were done probably about 25-30 hours including all the stops for tools etc...
Damn.....:eek:

Took me about a week of autoshop and working after school a couple years ago. I figured it was about 10-15 hours of work, and that included picking up the tools and taking them all back down again. Shouldnt be more then a weekend job.

True but since its a dd steps may be needed. Since I will need to pull the old arms and cut off the mounts thats a good 3 or 4 hours without a plasma...

-Alex

Back