• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Over Dimensional Load

juryrigjalopy

NAXJA Forum User
Moving from Corvallis Oregon back to SoCal. My Hobo Rig. Enjoy.

P1010656.jpg

why didnt the sleigh bring it back in the middle of the night fling high in the sky?

I was thinking about having someone drive the jeep back so that I could ride the XR down but it seemed to handle the weight fine. The leaf springs are completely bent upside down and the tires rubbed bad if I went too fast around corners and I could only do 70MPH but it certainly got the job done.

Nice packing job. I just had mine loaded similarly when moved from San Diego to Orange County. Short of furniture everything I own made it in one trip. I love the cargo space in our xj's!

God I hate moving... I moved cross country in a civic hybrid, I swear it was riding on the bumpstops the whole way, and I couldn't hold 55 on long hills.

I moved because I got fired from my job and have some partyin to catch up on in Santa Barbara. I'm looking for a job on another boat in SoCal, hopefully a long range sport fisher or dive boat but will start cleaning hulls underwater if nothing comes my way.

And I was worried about mounting a 35" tire and bumper back there! That thing is loaded

is the house in Corvallis still available????????? id be will trade lol!!!!!!!Ive been tring to get out of Cali ever wince the day i friggin moved here! Loved Oregon and Washington tho wanna go back!

is the house in Corvallis still available????????? id be will trade lol!!!!!!!Ive been tring to get out of Cali ever wince the day i friggin moved here! Loved Oregon and Washington tho wanna go back!

Corvallis was too far from the coast. I wouldn't mind Seattle or possibly Portland if I were to move again. My housemates were probably too hippy for you anyways, we were on an acre of land and grew most of our own food and had 30 chickens. $250/month for my own room.

^ Sounds like Ashland, OR to me :roflmao: Disreguard if you haven't been there....lol.

O how I miss Oregon....:eye:

Back