• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lower door area armor?

Peregrine

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know who makes a plate armor that can cover the lower door (above rocker) area? Better yet (since I really don't need armor there)...has anyone removed the rubberish trim that is adhered to this area in a pre-97 XJ...I would rather just paint it but not sure if I would be able to get it looking decent and get all the adhesive off. thanks!
Cherokeedoortrim8-5-08.jpg

if you want to paint it why dont you just sand the adhesive or use wd40 to remove the adhesive. then use bedliner to paint it. the bedliner holds up really well and hides a lot of imperfections on the painted area

3M eraser wheel. did it to my 92 with a battery powered drill. Took some time but literally no mess, just washed the adhesive dust right off afterward. now my doors are smooth as the rest of the body :)

oh, and yes, the eraser wheel will remove the grey vinyl like stuff that's below the plastic panels. looks 1000x better without that crap on the side IMHO

i wish i had one of those erasers when i did mine. i ended up using 3M adhesive remover. its the only liquid thatll take that crap off. i painted mine also and it came out pretty good.

i just peeled mine off and took a razor blade too it. sprayed some brake cleaner on it and scraped some more.

Back