• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

turn signal probs???

91blackbox

NAXJA Forum User
ok had a burnt fuse.. replaced it and now i only have left<passenger> side signal and solid light on the driver side... the lights come on but no blink.. just pass. side.. also the signal light on my dash stays lit.. dim but lit... i dont think its a relay cause the pass side blinks ??? confused???

Did you check your bulbs? Some cars do that to let the driver know the bulb is out.

just noticed it gonna tear into in the am just wanted some starting points... i'm not very good with electrical stuff just the mechanical side lol

i had a similar problem on my 00, the signal would stick
it was the flasher for me, on the late years they are a relay style i don't know about earlier ones
not sure if the 91 in your screen name is your year

HTH

^Yes I had the same problem on my 88. replaced the flasher and that fixed it for me.

replaced flasher and i kept poppin fuses so went to rear hatch and checked all connection in side panel.. had a loose connection and it was shorting out.. so two bulbs and three fuses and one relay later.. fixed... thanks for the help brothers

ok update... i changed fuse <again> replaced a burnt bulb... replaced flasher relay....

now i have signals but keep poppin fuses and when i do i lose dash lights and running lights.. but i noticed if i hit the electric unlock for my doors the running lights light up... wth any ideas

yes i have a hitch but have never used it..... also i just replaced my rear hatch so now i'm thinking it has something to do with it..

yes i have a hitch but have never used it..... also i just replaced my rear hatch so now i'm thinking it has something to do with it..

Sounds like it is something with the rear hatch/trailer wiring going to a direct ground.

You could try disconnecting things back there one at a time and see if you can find out which part of the circuit is affected. Might take less fuses if you disconnect everything, then add things back one at a time until you get a blown fuse.

Last edited:
Back