• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TRAILER QUESTIONS ?

SWAMPMAN

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys, goin to utah in sept, and pulling my trailer.. the tent is heavy bout 160 # i woory a little bit about tipping it over,, i have had it off road and off camber a bunch.. and a couple of times i thought it was goin over,but it has always pulled though with out problems, i have no knowledge of the trails out there and am a little bit nervous , should i be ? or am i worrying for nothin,? i will be travelling with a group , overlandxj , mofo, and maybe others , this is what im working with
IMG_3450.jpg

IMG_3453.jpg

i know if i took the tent off for this trip i would have no issues, i could always use my little ground tent for this trip. but that would defeat the purpose . you know what i mean ?

You will have no issues at all on White Rim. HITR could give you a little trouble but I think with the help of a good spotter you will be fine.

It would help to know what trails you are running. If you say Moab Rim I'll say you are nuts.

How stiff are your springs when you've got a full load in the trailer?

My M416 likes to bounce around if it's running anything but a full load (damn milspec overbuilt leaf packs!) and I have pitched it onto it's side while pulling through a rutted area with an empty trailer. If the springs are working alright and you keep an eye on the trailer in the off camber areas I wouldn't worry much.

I haven't taken my M416 up anything really technical but with the exception of that one time I just referred to I've never had a problem taking it through rough areas.

PS - Do you have water in that trailer? If so mount it low as a counterweight to the tent.

Back