• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New guy question about RE lift

htwhite

NAXJA Forum User
Okay so I got this Jeep in March, at least I think it was March, and I live in La Jolla. I named it Mr. BRIGs as in Big Red Indian Giver. Because it seems like this Jeep will be a money pit. I'm not sure where I got indian giver from but it made me laugh and that's all that matters. I'm native american myself so I think I can say that without being racist, at least I think that's the rule.

Here's my Jeep

jeepj.jpg

If you're wondering, yes those are 30's in front and 31's in back. I bought it like that, so I gotta get a couple of 31's for the front.

So I got a question, I did the RE 3.5, and the front sway bar links look like this:

jeep2q.jpg

Did I put this in right? Im terrible at directions and am like a sixth grade reading level at best. Any help would be appreciated. It has no shocks at the moment I'm still waiting for them. It bounces all over the place without shocks. And yes for the record it vibrates pretty good. I only drove it home from the marine base auto shop where I did the work, but it's awesome already.

Hopefully someone will tell me I put this link in the right way.

Last edited:
Looks right to me. Nice looking jeep welcome to the shockless club, most of the guys here are a bunch of sissy's and run shocks. It takes a real man to drive around without shocks and an even bigger man to drive around with no shocks or swaybars talk about pucker factor. lol

Paul

Worlds Finest Navy

Thanks mattynicks3, this lift is getting expensive fast. I did a bunch of searches on lifts on different forums and the RE superflex 3.5 seemed to be at the top of most lists for a 3-4" lift.

So this is how it went here is the star bolt, I had to cut it off:

img0092ll.jpg

And then I drilled a new hole:

img0086jp.jpg

I admit it's not centered but hopfully it still works. Uhh and one picture is from driver side and one from passenger side.

Right on Paul, I got out of the Air Force to use the GI Bill and now go to UCSD. I wanna go back in when I graduate next year but I don't know if Ill go back in the Air Force because they don't have any jobs I want. So another option is the Navy because they have a nuclear program. I don't know though I still got time to think about it.

those end bolts are pressed in bro.. some heat and a bfh and they pop out.. for future reference

Oh well I did smack the stuff out of it with a hammer but I didn't think to heat it first. :doh:

Oh well, live and learn. Thanks anyway, now I know for next time (which I kinda hope is never)

Back