• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TJ d30 shafts/hubs in XJ

Peregrine

NAXJA Forum User
I am about to swap some 97 TJ front d30 shafts with hub bearings already attached to my 1992 XJ. Everything I have heard says it is a straight swap. It just occurred to me that many moons ago, I tried to use my install a set of rotors from my buddies '02 TJ...they would not line up with the caliper in my XJ. I needed to have a "stamped" rotor. (thinner metal over the lug/hub area). Now, is this issue due to the hub/shaft or just the caliper position? If it's due to the caliper, I should be good...I just don't want to be in a pickle and have to go buy new rotors again. Any advice?

Also, any logical reason why I should swap a post-96 electric cooling fan in place of my pre-96 one? I know the newer one has more CFM's than the old...but I don't have any overheating issues. I found one cheap and like to upgrade and make things better...but I guess no reason to fix something that ain't broke right?

Shafts will work for sure.

Hubs - looks like the TJ switched to the new rotors and hubs the same year the XJ did, from my lazy/cursory check in rockauto's catalog. So I think 97 TJ hubs should be the same as 92 XJ hubs.

Back