• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

control arm troubles

92tahoexj

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, so I've been running with stock control arms and RC drop brackets for a few months now and finally decided to install the adjustable control arms i bought last month off of ebay. when i started doing my measurements i found out that the lowers only adjust down to 16 inches and the uppers only adjust down to 15 1/2 inches. Can I still use these arms? I don't mind if front axle sits out a bit further, but I don't want it to affect my caster or pinion angle or cause my front drive shaft to be too short. I thought about maybe shortening the control arms a bit with a grinder(where the threaded end goes in) about a 1/4 inch or so. There is no exact length for a 5" lift on RC's web site so I'm not sure how much I should remove if I have to.

thanks,
Chris

With the drop brackets/stock arms are you exactly where you need to be? Will you be running the adj. arms with the drop bracket? if you have a bit of a margin I dont see why that extra .25 would be an issue. Maybe install them and do an alignment/ check angles and such.

Back