• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Slider mounting question

Droopy76

NAXJA Forum User
I'm getting ready to mount a set of second hand JCR stage 2 sliders. Problem is I have a Rusty's long arm setup. The front mounting "foot" on the sliders lands about the middle of the of the outside thru "frame" bracket for the long arm mounts. I'm not liking the idea of drilling the brackets to mount them plus they don't want to mount flush in the front. The bracket pushes the sliders away from the pinch seam in the front. So I was thinking about cutting the front mounting plate off the sliders and welding the tube directly to the frame bracket, making it my front slider mount/long arm thru frame mounting bracket thingy. what do you guy's think? I think it would stiffen up the slider mounting considerably. Any thoughts are welcome.

Thanks,

Droopy

cut the front support "foot" off and move it back a couple inches. as for stiffening the mounts for the sliders I don't think its needed I hit a Mercedes in my old Jeep. The drivers side rail hit the front wheel of the Jeep and tore the hell out of the Benz. They are on my new jeep. the only damage was the pinch seam mount and it bent the front foot slightly. They also picked the jeep up with a forklift under the rails. The mounts are pretty damn strong!

Last edited:
You could cut the mounting foot off and weld a sleeve to the LA mount that you could bolt the leg into.

I never thought of welding a sleeve. Thats a pretty good idea. At least that way it would be easier to remove if I needed to. The route I was thinking I would have to remove the frame brackets to remove the slider. I bet it would be sturdy as hell that way though. Thanks for the input.

Droopy

Scratch that idea. I don't know what I was thinking. I was looking at the sliders and the mounting "legs" that go to the "frame" are 1"X3" square tubing. It would be pretty hard to find something I could slide inside that. Anymore ideas?

Droopy

Scratch that idea. I don't know what I was thinking. I was looking at the sliders and the mounting "legs" that go to the "frame" are 1"X3" square tubing. It would be pretty hard to find something I could slide inside that. Anymore ideas?

Droopy

Your nuts,that size is available(1-1/2"x3-1/2"x.250").You could also easily make the mounts(sleeve),either way you still need a welder.You could cut a piece of 3.5" in half making a U shaped bracket.

Last edited:
u could cut the mount in half weld a plate on the slider side and a plate to the side u weld to the frame bracket drill matching holes in the plates and bolt it together. same idea as how ur header bolts to the rest of the tube but u dont gotta keep it hollow

Back