• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.5 Rear Flex ?

3" packs and the longer shackle!

I have a set of 3.5" Rustys leafs, and a 1.5" teraflex shackle and my rear flexes great. Way better than it use to when I had a 4.5" pack. And the rusty leafs flex great to.

RE sells their 4.5" lifts as a 3.5" spring and 1" shackle. I have it and it's decent, but shackle relocation brackets would probably be your best bet if you want the best flex in the rear.

lol theres probly noone on here that would say shackle relocation brackets are bad. theyre a good thing and make it way easier to get ur shackle/leafs set up just how u want them

Whats the benefit of your product/ elaborate? Why should I buy it? No one sells/builds it besides you so why is it a good addition

Bolt on. A bunch of hardcore guys made their own, but you gotta be good with welding and fabwork. If you can put on a lift kit, you can put these on.

Better shackle angle means a bit softer ride and better flex from stiff lift springs because the spring can flatten out easier. Gives you another 0.5-1" of lift as well.

x589240780 a 3" spring, 1" shackle and the relocation brackets will flex really well. thats essentially what im running

RE sells their 4.5" lifts as a 3.5" spring and 1" shackle. I have it and it's decent, but shackle relocation brackets would probably be your best bet if you want the best flex in the rear.

I have a '99 with RE's 3.5" springs and their 1" shackle. That netted me around 5.25" lift and the shackle angle is vertical. Ride in back is terrible and flex is limited since I don't have a lot of weight back there.

I have shackle relo brackets in the garage that I plan to install here shortly. I'm thinking of now dropping to an OME 3" medium load spring pack with relo brackets and the RE 1" shackle. Hopefully, I'll get closer to just over 4.5 in back and get a greatly improved ride and flex.

Hope that helps.

I have the RE 3.5 springs and teraflex 1.5 shackles. The springs with the shackles net me about 5 inches of lift given my heavy rear tire carrier and skid plating. Running Edelbrock IAS shocks the ride is awesome in the rear. The RE springs really are made for heavier rear than just a stocker.

the biggest problem when lifting the rear of the cherokee is the shackle angle becomes near vertical, especially with longer shackles. the benefit of the shackle relocation is being able to move the top shackle mount forward, increasing its angle. this makes the leaf spring more responsive (softer) and flex better because the spring can droop more before the shackle loses travel.

if you want ride and flex you need this.

the biggest problem when lifting the rear of the cherokee is the shackle angle becomes near vertical, especially with longer shackles. the benefit of the shackle relocation is being able to move the top shackle mount forward, increasing its angle. this makes the leaf spring more responsive (softer) and flex better because the spring can droop more before the shackle loses travel.

if you want ride and flex you need this.

if anything, a longer shackle will give you a slighly better shackle angle. a longer shackle cannot give you a worse angle then the stock shackle.

Back