• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What leaf springs should I get?

RSchurig356

NAXJA Forum User
I have a stock 2000 Jeep Cherokee Classic and the rear springs are sagging and flattening out. I would like to get some leaf springs with no more than 2" of lift on them and still have a decent ride. Junkyards are hard to come by and expensive up here, so a bastard pack is my last resort. Anyone have a leaf spring in mind that would do the trick for a lower price? I am also planning on putting some V8 ZJ coils on the front if I get leaf springs with lift. Thanks!

I like my 2" OME HD leafs, but they got me 3.5"... from what I hear, 2" OME medium duty springs will actually get you more like the 2" they advertise.

You may also consider UpCountry stock replacement springs and maybe a 1" lift shackle combined.

I'm thinking of doing the same. I know I want OME 2" med duty OR UpCountry med duty with 1" shackle.
But which one will give the smoothest ride for a daily driver ?

I have two standard suspension XJ's and one with Up Country. The Up Country also has the stock shocks. It has the best ride

The 90 is stock with Sensatraks shock which are better than stock.

The 92 has a BB with a space in front and Add-a-XJ Main Leaf bastard pack. The Leaf pack includes plastic full lenght liners betweeen each leaf which made the leaf pack very responsive and has a good ride. I think it would be better with good shocks all around.

4886186AA springs, available at Quadratec, Morris4x4, 4wd, and many other sites...they do ~1 3/4" once settled. I ran them on my old XJ with a shackle, and plan on installing another set once I stop being lazy on my newest XJ. ZJ V8 springs pair nicely with those springs, or just a 2" spacer up front, or set of coil springs from Rusty's for $100 team nicely.

Back