• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what brand locker is this?

1990heepxj

NAXJA Forum User
this is a used locker from a d30, the guy tells me its a powertrax lock right. is it a lock right or something else?
3nc3kb3o25O15Z55P4a5me0b9ba9f9f2c199b.jpg

3nc3oa3la5O15Y65S4a5mc1b76b326b951e4c.jpg

3n53mf3l85V65U15P2a5m5fb02d3055751497.jpg

3kb3pc3l25Y05O55V2a5m911936a627b114b3.jpg

Looks like my Lockrite. But not a powertrax noslip. Both are made by richmond gears and are sometimes confused!
Mine works great never had a problem yet. I run 35" and wheel the piss out of my rig!

ok cool thats what i wanted to hear its used but he even still has the box i just wanted to make sure first that it was actually a lockrite lock right or w/e u feel like calling it at the time haha

looks to be in good shape if it's priced fair snatch it

I think that is a no-slip. I'm holding my no-slip in my hand right now and it looks the same.

edit: i've never seen a lock-right so I can't compare. perhaps they look nearly identical

Last edited:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Not long after the rise and fall of the Detroit Gearless locker, the Powertrax No-Slip entered the scene. Was this the miracle locker I was looking for? Powertrax, the company that manufactures the Lock-Right, started production of the Powertrax No-Slip which is also a spider gear replacement locker. It seemed funny that one company would produce two very similar lockers of two entirely different names. I did a little research and decided to give this new locker a try.[/FONT]
ptrax-d09.jpg
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Powertrax Lock-Right, as I mentioned before, cost approximately $275 for my vehicle, while the Powertrax No-Slip cost approximately $375 for the same application. Either locker fit my budget. All I had to do was figure out what made the Powertrax No-Slip better than the Powertrax Lock Right. In the picture to the left, you can see the packaging, instructions, and dissassembled lockers side-by-side. Both lockers pictured are for Dana 35c axles.[/FONT]
ptrax-d16.jpg
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]As you can see, they are very similar, and nearly indistinguishable to the untrained eye. What I established from the advertising and talking to Powertrax was that both lockers performed similarly on the trail, however the Powertrax No-Slip is minimally stronger and smoother operating than the Lock Right. Lock Right units typically make a ratcheting sounds (series of clicking) when turning corners on the pavement, and this characteristic was supposedly eliminated in the No-Slip unit.[/FONT]

ya lastnight after looking a bit more i realized it was for sure a no slip. good deal for one really since the d30 no slip is 350+ everywhere and i payed 150. found that same site u did coloradoraptor lastnight and thats what truely told me

ya im pretty sure he still had the measuring block since he has everything else. im certain its a no slip i just dont no why its got a diff box but what ever it is im really not too worried as long as it works im happy

Back