• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

want to run 4 KCs on my roof rack

offroadzombies

NAXJA Forum User
I want to run 4 KCs on my roof rack but was wondering if anyone has a wiring diagram on the best way to wire up all 4 lights on one switch. I plan on using relay(s) and fuse(s). Anyone have an idea?

Run a 18 gauge wire from a hot source on your fuse box under the dash to a switch. From there run it into the engine compartment to the trigger circuit of a heavy duty relay (like 40 amps) or a couple of relays if you can't get a heavy duty one. Then run a heavy gauge (depends on number of relays but big enough for more than the load of the lights that will be connected) wire through a fuse to the relay supply terminal. Then run the wire from the load terminal of the relay to your lights. Make sure both the trigger circuit of the relay(s) and each of the lights is well grounded. Whatever you do, don't just run the wires through a switch. Most switches for automotive purposes cannot handle a constant load of the amperage you will be using.

Hi! This is the way to wire the relay:

Relay%20Wiring.jpg

The way I did it was run 2 lights per switch wire to battery then grounded out to a bolt on the roof rail. Then ran the wires in wire wrap stuff through the door jam, underneath the dash panels to where the switch is at in my dash. Have no relays and haven't had any problems in the 6 months or so I've had em on.

Back