• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AW4 no overdrive

albiebear

NAXJA Forum User
Hi guys,
I own Chero Xj 4000 6L (242 engine type:S) AW4 (model 30-43LE) -1998; from 1 month I have a problem with the 4th gear and over drive.

I run at 55Miles/h (90 km/h) at 2300 rpm :firedevil
I tried to check the trottle body cable, I adjusted it, but nothing no overdrive.
Sometimes (at cold) the tranny shift to overdrive, but 90% time no!!!
I try also to test drive without the TCU, shifting manual but no overdrive.
I don't think is the TPS...I supposed is the solenoid group.
In Italy it's very difficult to find it, can you tell me some autostore in US which can ship to italy this parts?

how much is cost each solenoids, there are also from aftermarket?

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Albiebear
Italy

Update
I check Brake Switch, tested with voltmeter to find the right position.
Brake Switch ok, but NO OVERDIRVE.

I check the fuse on internal right panel, the fuse #10 it's ok, but I have no back light.
Any idea??

Albiebear

I just fixed this a few month ago, in my case it was the NSS. I got a rebuilt one on ebay for $20 just incase I wrecked mine during removal.

Hi there.

Problem Found!!!
Maybe it was NSS, for the backup light and maybe for the Overdrive.
I rebuild the SSN using some paper sands and lithium grease, and everything goes ok.
During my "investigation " :confused1 under and over the XJ, I checked all the cables from the engine compartment to the AW4.
Checking the SSN connector I saw inside it that one spline of the connector was broken.
Then I did a bypass using a common electric cable and now I have again th Overdrive.

This evening I'll post a pict to show what I did.
Thanks to everybody for you support.
Alberto

Back