• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front axle

SC_UpstateXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Just a quick question about front axles. I am doing an axle swap from my old 90 XJ to an 89 that I picked up super cheap. The 90 had the 242 tc with a non disco front axle. The 89 has the 231 tc and had a disco axle. I really like the one piece axle (less moving parts). Is there anything I need to look out for other than plugging the old vaccum lines?

Btw, the details are 4.5" lift and 33's.

Just a quick question about front axles. I am doing an axle swap from my old 90 XJ to an 89 that I picked up super cheap. The 90 had the 242 tc with a non disco front axle. The 89 has the 231 tc and had a disco axle. I really like the one piece axle (less moving parts). Is there anything I need to look out for other than plugging the old vaccum lines?

Btw, the details are 4.5" lift and 33's.

Make sure the gear ratios match! Otherwise it's pretty straight forward.

Nope.

Back