• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Attempting to take bumper off, thingys that hold bolts broke

Dest

NAXJA Forum User
In trying to take my bumper off to install my nut strips, the bits that hold the bolts still broke and now spin in circles freely. Any suggestions?

Vice grips are your friend with those things!

I couldn't get a good enough grip, it just kept stripping. If I had a welder I'd just weld them to the bumper, but I don't :(.

I couldn't get a good enough grip, it just kept stripping. If I had a welder I'd just weld them to the bumper, but I don't :(.
Just cut the bolts then. They are easy to replace!

Umm...when you say thingys and bits...do you mean the nutserts in the "frame rail"?

Can you cut/grind off the bolt and then fish out the thingys? Are all the thingys broken?

NO the little metal clips that the bolts for the factory bumper go through. I know exactly what he's talking about! I've taken a bumper off a time or two! :D

Yes FlexdXJ knows the thingies I'm talking about. :D A sawzall probably is the best idea, if I can fit one in there...

Dremels are nice to have too! :D

Back