• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

245/75/R15's on stock height?

GFAndoscia

NAXJA Forum User
Is this possible without any other modifications? I don't do much, if any real off roading, I just want to beef up the appearance of my truck without spending too much. Would 245/75/R15's do it? They should be 30X10's if my sources are correct lol. Any advice?

31's at stock height is nothing new. you WILL have to increase your bumpstops or trim to keep the tires out of the fenders when hitting speed bumps.

they'd probably rub on the control arms as well (not a big deal, imho)

Auto? Stick? Gears? Should be alright. But definitely check flex and see where/how much it rubs.

31's on stock gearing is less than desireable, but not THAT big of a deal. automatic's arent as bad, at 3.55, however the manuals with 3.07's can really be a dog once on 31's.

depends on how fast you want to go.

It's auto. I want to fill the wells as much as I can, just to make it look more solid, so from what I hear, I should look into a 2" lift with spacers, and shackles (instead of AAL) better shocks, and some 31". Sound about right?

It's auto. I want to fill the wells as much as I can, just to make it look more solid, so from what I hear, I should look into a 2" lift with spacers, and shackles (instead of AAL) better shocks, and some 31". Sound about right?

Just get 30" tires. Is 245/70/16 possible? Maybe 255/70/16

he is asking about 30" tires. they should fit fine assuming you are using stock rims and are keeping your sway bar connected. you do know 255/70 r16 is bigger than 245/70 r16 right?

Oh my bad, I thought they were 16" wheels. Yeah I know 255/70/16 is bigger than 245/70/16 but I don't think the second size exists. In any case it doesn't matters since he has 15" wheels.

Yeah 245/75/15 which is almost exactly 30x9.5 should fit. You might get more results looking for 30x9.5R15. People run those stock all the time but I think they rub a little on the control arms.

For looks don't bother going to 31". You lose braking power and gas mileage, with the lift your ride will be worse and you may need an SYE (I get a little vibes with 2").

They will fit at stock height as long as your factory springs don't sag badly. It all depends, it's slightly different for every XJ. On stock wheels they won't rub your fenders at all. I run a 245/75R16 (30.5) with a 2" lift and nothing rubs with the sway bars connected. I do have the 4.1" rear bumpstops or the rear tires would rub at full compression. Get the tires and then decide if you want the extra lift.

Back