• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear brakes

98xjeepy

NAXJA Forum User
I know this is a stupid question but im at work and cant look and need to pick my brakes up and i list a 9 or 10 inch rear brakes on my 98 xj. It has the chrysler rear end does anyone know which ones i would have or could it still be possible to have either or? I figured chrysler had one size and the dana 35 had the other. thanks

Ok cool man. Thanks alot. I work in a parts store and cant even figure my own brakes out. haha just havent had the chance to pull the wheel off. I wanna pick them up tonight so i can put them on tomorrow.

I know this is a stupid question but im at work and cant look and need to pick my brakes up and i list a 9 or 10 inch rear brakes on my 98 xj. It has the chrysler rear end does anyone know which ones i would have or could it still be possible to have either or? I figured chrysler had one size and the dana 35 had the other. thanks
I think you have 9's if you have a normal Chrysler rear end on a 98, but it's actually more confusing than just a Dana/Chrysler thing. My stepson's 93 Sport had a non ABS Dana with 9 inch brakes.

most likey they are 9" brakes. the 10" ones were on the police package IIRC. also you will notice most all 10" drums are finned, while all the 9" ones i've seen are not. i have your same year and same rear axle and its 9"

Back