• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

three bystanders take down a purse-snatcher.

If only the average person were willing to get involved to help out someone in need. In most circumstances people would just watch the man run off and be on their way. It's good to see some folks with the balls to work together to do what's right :thumbup:

Awesome. I was walking home with Sam on Sunday from the park and we saw black smoke. We went to check it out "just in case" and yup - there was a fire in someone's backyard! We called the fire department and started banging on the person's door. No answer, but cars in the driveway.

As I crept around the side of the house, I went for the garden hose, but Sam told me not to as we could hear the sirens coming and the fire seemed to fueled by something other than wood (and she was afraid there might be something explosive which I hadn't thought about). Then, these teenage girls come out of the house completely airheaded like, "what are you doing in my backyard???"

"Your house is on FIRE, you idiot." Two of the three girls (probably sixteen or so) just freaked out and wondered what to do, but one of them instinctively said, "Fire. Get everyone out." which was good to hear. Strange that nobody had answered Sam pounding the front door and ringing the doorbell?

Fire Dept shows up, we point out the fire, and obviously aren't needed (small fire) so we went home. Only took an extra five minutes of our time walking home to check out something suspicious.

"Civic duty" is something that really isn't around anymore.

Honestly, I hope that these three don't get sued by the jackass for what they did, and I hope that charges don't get filed (or, if they do get filed, they get summarily dismissed. But, I'm not holding my breath...) against them.

Back