• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help sourcing part: Stabilizer tapered bolt

Silver60th

NAXJA Forum User
I am replacing all of my shocks and my steering stabilizer with JK take-offs. The JK steering stabilizer unit doesn't have a bolt on the (track bar?) end where the old unit was pressed in. What can I replace it with? For a visual reference, the bolt I am looking for is the on that comes in this kit:

http://www.quadratec.com/products/1...utm_medium=compshop&utm_source=googlemerchant

Can't for the life of me find this stupid tapered bolt. I'm looking for a local source (Autozone, Napa, Advanced Auto, O'Reillys, Lowe's, Home Depot) and yes I have looked :looser:

Nope, because the OEM units from the XJ have a different style bolt. The end that goes through the shock bushing ends in a welded plate on the other side, making it non-removable or re-usable.

Well, I decided to let my father take the old bolt and weld a piece of grade 8 all-thread on the end. Solved the problem.

BTW, the JK shocks are freakin' awesome. I got them on today and I love them. They give a firm ride, but are really forgiving. Best value for the money to date.

Yup, they work for almost any 2.5-4" lift. All you have to do is press your old bar pins in.
Very awesome shocks on an XJ for the money. They can fetch almost $50 a set. More if they are the red & black rubicon ones.

Yes, they are worth something. But, if you care to, donate a pair of rear JK shocks to me for my budget lift? I'll pay shipping.

Is there a market for JK take-offs? I should stop throwing them away when we lift those things at work...

Yes, they are worth something. But, if you care to, donate a pair of rear JK shocks to me for my budget lift? I'll pay shipping.
Likewise :eyes:

OP, the part you're looking for is (unfortunately?) considered part of the steering stabilizer. Not available separately except maybe aftermarket.

Yea I will. If my "custom bolt" doesn't end up working.

The only place I can find that individual part kit is Currie, and they want like $25.

Back