• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Woooo, weekend project officially finished

crazyjim

NAXJA Forum User
This was a major pain in the ass, I had a buddy come over and help me with this, and couldn't have done it by myself, I would have ended up punching holes in the wall with frustration. Luckily he kept me sane. I'm happy with the finished result :D

IMG_1273.jpg

Don't mind the mess, still have to vacuum up all the drywall etc, and will probably be putting a DVD shelf under the TV, otherwise we're good to go!

Thats nice work. Did you get all the conponent lines in the wall?

looks nice! I'm thinking about doing that to ours.....but I dont want to half to fish wires and create new outlets....and our cable stuff is at the bottom of the wall too. So I think we'll stay with the conventional tv stand for now.

Thats nice work. Did you get all the conponent lines in the wall?

Yea I ran two HDMI cables, an RCA video cable, the center channel speaker wire through the gang box. Those provide video from the Box, xBox, and the wii (RCA) I used toslink (optical) cables from both boxes directly to my reciever, so those didn't need to go through a wall. I also used this plate / kit from monoprice for power. It's really nice, because it allows me to supply power to the back of the TV through a UPS battery backup / surge protector.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10425&cs_id=1042505&p_id=4652&seq=1&format=2

46521.jpg

You connect the two wall plates with 14/2 romex, like any normal outlet, the catch is the outlet behind the TV only has power when the other is plugged into a power source, ie the UPS.

looks nice! I'm thinking about doing that to ours.....but I dont want to half to fish wires and create new outlets....and our cable stuff is at the bottom of the wall too. So I think we'll stay with the conventional tv stand for now.

We got lucky with mine, we cut the pate behind the TV into the wall RIGHT above the firebreak, and didn't have any other obstructions besides the top 2x4's, which a hole saw took care of, on the side against the wall, that wall is deep, and hollow, because there's cabinets in the kitchen on the other side of the wall. They just happen to end where we needed them to.

We would have done a conventional stand but the idea was to free up space in the room, that front room is tiny, and with our massive projection TV which I loved, and our couches, it was cramped to be in there, so this was the next logical step.

360 party to break that bad boy in?

Whenever, I'm down! Hahaha.

me either, but add some beer and halo and some smack talking at 2am on yahoo, and i apparently bought a year of live to go whoop someones ass :roflmao:

thats why you leave the wallet no where near the computer or the xbox at 2am.

LOL..Beer,halo,wallet,2AM would spell trouble for me..My wife would have KICK my HALO A$$....LOL

i would kick my husbands a$$....and he knows it.

Nice job on the mounting. When I build/have my own house, wires will be run everywhere before the drywall goes up. And if far enough, I'll run the dual cat5 hdmi extenders. Some in-wall or in ceiling speakers would look great as well.

So what was the accomplishment between the Xbox and the 360.. oh, you turn around in a complete circle and do the same thing over again?!
I pay enough for elec. and internet, I do not need to pay even more to play games online. I have a computer and a PS3 and I definitely do not play WOW.
PS3 FTMFW!

Consoles are for newbs, I got the 360 for my kids :D I wouldn't pay to play it online except that one time my judgement lapsed haha. I dont think i've played anything online since then either.

why bring up WOW? are you a WOWophobe? lol

My PC is the gaming rig, and it puts the 360 to shame both speed and graphics wise.

Nice, I love mono price, there wall mounts are cheap and they wook great. Not that you have kids, but I had to put all my shit above the TV to keep the little one from destroying it. So far it works sweet.

Justin

Back